FedEx Express Bolsters E-commerce Capabilities in AMEA

0
708

FedEx Express (FedEx) has strengthened its network and e-commerce capabilities in preparation for yet another busy holiday season in the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region.

The e-commerce boom accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to continue. Online spending globally is estimated to increase by 11% year on year to $910 billion during the upcoming holiday season. Online shopping has already warmed up in Asia Pacific, a region that accounts for more than 60% of online retail sales. For example, China’s biggest online shopping festival – Singles’ Day – is expected to spur further growth of online retail across the rest of the AMEA region. About 40% of e-tailers said festive season sales represent the bulk of their annual sales in Southeast Asia. In addition, 22% of consumers are ready to shop online during Black Friday and Cyber Monday in the Middle East and Africa.

Considering the exponential growth of e-commerce and the soaring shipping volumes associated with it, FedEx is ready for the shopping season with an added workforce, facility expansion, network optimization, and innovative e-commerce solutions to meet the needs of consumers in a year that has been like no other.

“It’s never too early to plan ahead – shop early and ship early. This is especially true in the upcoming holiday season, with record-breaking shipping volumes on the horizon. In fact, nearly half (48%) of consumers worldwide plan to start their holiday shopping early this year, including 21% who had already started shopping in September,” said Kawal Preet, President, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) region, FedEx Express. “At FedEx, we are gearing up our efforts to help e-tailers win the e-commerce race while navigating the complex supply chain landscape. With our expanded network, improved service reliability and suite of e-commerce solutions, businesses including e-tailers now have the right tools at the right moment to delight their customers through fast, flexible, cost-efficient and seamless delivery this festive season.”

อัพเดตข่าวสารและบทความที่น่าสนใจในอุตสาหกรรมโลจิสติกส์ก่อนใคร ผ่าน Line Official Account @Airfreight Logistics เพียงเพิ่มเราเป็นเพื่อน @Airfreight Logistics หรือคลิกที่นี่

Previous articleA.P. Moller – Maersk strengthens global Air Freight offering
Next articleDachser renews IATA CEIV Pharma certification in Frankfurt
Ryan is the Digital Marketing and Content Creation Manager for Trade and Logistics Siam Ltd. He provides a creative flair to the team and his resourcefulness helps to bring an imaginative improvement to both literary archetypes and online content production. A writer by day and a rider by night, when he's not composing the latest logistics news update or creating compelling copy for our clients, Ryan spends his free time travelling Thailand by motorbike.